While it might be incredibly nerdy to admit, helping startups build High Performance Cultures is fun for me. I even founded High Performance Consulting ApS as a hobby I do on my free time. I did it (not because I had too much free time on my hands), but because I love helping people become the best versions of themselves. That feeling is incredibly addicting.
On a personal note, I am originally from the US, but have lived in Belgium for 5 years, and now Copenhagen, Denmark for the past 10+ years. When I am not building High Performance Cultures, I enjoy spending time with my lovely wife and three wild sons. And in the rare moment I have some free time, I even write a blog about leadership, business, psychology, and how they all intersect in our heads (www.Cavemaninasuit.com)
I got my first taste of helping people a long time ago when I studied Psychology for my undergrad. It seemed like a smart choice because I loved learning what made people think. It was during that time that I learned two things. 1) I loved helping people, but 2) I wasn’t cut out to be a therapist. That is why I chose to get my Masters in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Instead of a therapist’s couch, I could help people improve their leadership skills, be more engaged at work, and collaborate better as a team.
From there I jumped into the world of strategic HR for Fortune 500 companies. I did everything from lead the global HR organization for a $1 billion dollar brand, to building a #1 globally rated training organization, to doing almost every aspect of HR (HRBP, Talent, Learning, Recruitment, Process Excellence, and many more).
But in all that time, the most fun I ever had was when I was working with companies that were rapidly growing their business. Hence why I founded High Performance Consulting ApS
- Created two performance management processes that drive High Performance Cultures. People were not only measure on the Impact they had, but also on how they lived the Culture and if they’ve Grown to meet the demands on the horizon
- Built a frontline manager program that significantly improved managerial engagement scores while simultaneously achieving a 95% reduction in managerial development costs.
- Oversaw the promotion process of 120 VPs/Directors and 768 Mgrs/Employees.
- Lead the change component for a Sales Transformation & Academy that helped grow our global volume by 6-9% year on year.
- Created a Customer Service transformation program that improved our engagement scores and helped raise our Net Promoter Score by 16 points.
- In 2016, ranked as the #1 Learning and OD department in the world by the Association of Talent Development. Previously ranked as #4 in the world (2015).
7. Awarded the 2016 Bersin by Deloitte prize for High Impact Learning.
8. Helped a $1 billion business recover from 2007 financial crisis as their Global HR Leader, and return to previous profit levels in 2 years through a commercial reorganization.
9. Lead 2 region wide restructurings (Europe, Middle East, India, and Africa).